This past week has been wonderful with the girls! I am going to miss them while we are in Russia but we are so thankful for Skype and Anna keeps reminding me that we're coming home with her brother so that cheers me up : ) I am starting to pack for Christopher: toddler snacks, 2T boy clothes, cars, teething gel, sippy cup....I'm getting so excited! I love packing for him and getting ready for his homecoming. Chad decided he wanted Christopher in the girls' room when we get back so we have already set up everything for him to sleep there. He still has his own room but everything we've read says that it's best if he's not alone (because he's never slept in a room alone before). We even have a camera monitor set up so we can watch him during the night to make sure he's okay. Sophia is excited that Christopher will sit in her booster seat at the table and then she'll get to go in a big girl chair just like Anna and Libby. Chad and I keep thinking that Christopher will soon catch up to Sophia in size and everyone will think that they are twins because they look the most alike. I can't believe our 15 month old is going to be wearing 2T clothes!
I'm looking forward to bonding more with him too after we take him out of the orphanage next Friday....one week! Here's what our 3rd trip to St. Petersburg is going to look like:
I'm looking forward to bonding more with him too after we take him out of the orphanage next Friday....one week! Here's what our 3rd trip to St. Petersburg is going to look like:
We leave Saturday afternoon on a flight to Moscow. Take an in country flight to St. Petersburg and arrive on Sunday evening. Then we have Monday to recover from jetlag. Tuesday we drive to the orphanage to visit Christopher and apply for his passport. His passport will be ready for pick-up on Friday and that's when we can take him out of the orphanage and he'll be ours forever : ) Then after that we can fly to Moscow and finish up the other appointments. We return home on July 9th and I can't wait to see who will be at the airport waiting for us....I'll be most looking forward to seeing our girls and introducing them to their new little brother. Praise God for this precious gift!! Okay, I better get to bed. Tomorrow is our last full day with our girls before we leave. This is a busy time but we wouldn't trade if for the world...these could possibly be the best days of our lives and we are going to enjoy every minute!