Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 2 with Christopher

It's been a wonderful day. We have been learning a lot about Christopher's personality and he is so much fun and SOOOO lovable! He is a very busy, friendly and cuddly boy. He can be rough with toys but is very gentle with his little sister Emma. He is very curious and if there's a wheel in a room, he'll find it in about 3 seconds : ) He is a good eater and sleeps very soundly in his crib. Boys are so different in how they play...a lot of throwing and banging...LOL! He loves building with Mega Blocks and is really good at making towers. He likes the bells we brought and he loves to sing and make his own music. We are having so much fun with him. God is good!
He fits size 2T clothes perfectly so he's a big boy (he's 16 months old today). I can't wait to get him weighed to find out his current weight. We'll have a medical exam in Moscow so I'll find out then. Oh and we found out that he sucks his thumb....he only does this when he's tired so it's a good cue for us to put him to bed when he starts to suck his thumb.
We love him so much already. It feels like we've known him our whole lives. I love the lyrics to the song "When Love Takes You In" by Steven Curtis Chapman:
"In a moment what has been is lost in what will be....when love takes you in, everything changes...the loneliness ends and a new life begins and this love will never let you go...there is nothing that can ever cause this love to lose it's hold". The whole thing, it's such a great song. Chad played it this morning and I was overcome with emotion because this time hearing it I was actually holding Christopher and it took on a whole new meaning.

Okay, it's been a full and busy day...I better get some sleep. Good night!