This recipe was passed down from my Grandma Shore to my Mom. It's a family favorite in the Tossell home as well! I thought I'd start sharing recipes here on this blog...don't we all like to try new recipes? I know everyone likes and makes meatloaf but it's amazing how different they can taste from recipe to recipe. It goes well with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable like peas. Enjoy!
Grandma's Meatloaf
2 to 3 lbs. Lean Ground Beef
1 cup Quick Oats
1 Egg
1 can Tomato Paste
1 Packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix (dry)
*Mix these ingredients in a large bowl well with your hands
For sauce: Mix about 1 cup of Ketchup with 1/4 cup Brown sugar...blend until smooth (I use an immersion blender).
Directions:
Form meat mixture into mini-loafs about the size of your fist (make sure they are all the same size so they cook evenly). Make an indent on the top of each loaf and top with one large spoonful of sauce. I then sprinkle the tops with dried Parsley. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Cook until meat is well-browned.