Where to begin? Well, how about the great time we had at the Semper Reformanda Conference. I cannot believe that I've never heard a gospel message from Paul Washer before this month. He was a keynote speaker and the Lord used him mightily to preach the good news. Wow! It was humbling and caused me to think much less of myself and more of Christ. The other messages were great as well. I enjoyed our Pastor's message on biblical eldership and the importance of following God's Word in the development and identification of elders. Sandi and the girls helped pass out lunch. It was also great seeing our dear friends from Dallas!
Bookstore
My family brings me so much joy. It is hard to put into words how much I love them. Sandi, of course, amazes me by all that she does to help me and take care of the children. God has given me such a wonderful wife. As you've seen in previous posts, she truly has a heart for homemaking and it shows in everyday life. It is surprising sometimes to see her in action. For example, last week there was a time where she told me how tired she was. Only 2 minutes later, Olivia asked her about how to draw something (I can't remember). I was stunned by how she just "turns on" to be a great mom as opportunities arise. She used that question to start a homeschool lesson and craft. She just started sewing Christmas dresses that will likely be great like the rest of her work.
Anna is getting bigger and is so responsible for her age. I noticed this last week that she really tries to put what Sandi and I teach her into practice. She is super smart and I wish that I had her ability to grasp new concepts. I'd have my dissertation written! It seemed like she picked up how to write in cursive in two days. I still forget how to write some letters on those very rare occasions that require writing a check.
Oil Painting
Friends
Very nice!
Olivia is a smarty pants as well. The pictures below show her learning how to ride her bike. It took only 2 lessons without training wheels. She did great and I was very proud of her. She also is picking up the piano faster than I expected. She got me good with water balloons (but, I got my revenge). ;) I love seeing her get excited for her sisters when they open presents or doing something well.
Olivia excited that Sophia got a package from Grandma
Sophia turned 4. Where has the time gone? She definitely makes our time together fun and busy! She chose to go to the aquarium. We ate fish with fish, rode the ferris wheel, AND our first-ever carriage ride as a family. It was a blast and I'm glad Sophia had fun. Sandi made it special as usual. Sophia loves to talk about everything. As you may be able to tell from the pictures, she was chatting away during our ferris wheel ride. Next time you see her you have to ask her to recite Philippians 1. It's so cute! I mean "pretty"...very pretty...now that she is 4, she likes when we use the latter adjective more than the former.
Christopher has brought so much joy to our family. He follows directions really well, has a huge appetite, loves to play outside, and smiles for pictures. It is extremely cute watching him around Emma. I had a little bug doll that scared Emma (just a little bit). Christopher ran over to give her a hug and a little push for the bug. Take that. Don't mess with my sister! They are so cute together and seem to have a special bond. I'm surprised with how much he loves to work. He has so much energy and would prefer to sweep, pick up toys, put things back, and help throw things away over playing. One of his favorite things to do is help put groceries away. He jumps for joy when he sees us return from shopping with grocery bags in hand. Wow, I wish I could say that I did the same thing when I was young. He is talking a lot and I'm impressed how quickly he is picking up new words. His favorite foods are obviously the clearest words he'll say. For example, he says "granola bar" really clear. Not surprising!
| Playing with Tinker Toys |
Emma is such a special baby. It is hard to focus on anything else when she is in the room. How can I read or get work done with those eyes? She is so adorable! It's hard to resist holding her and playing with her. She'll be one in Nov, but we don't like talking about how she is growing up so fast :). Well, I think she averages one picture every minute, so we will have plenty as she gets older. She is all around the house now and is learning many new words as well.




