Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother


"Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and sub-missive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled."  
-Titus 2: 3-5

I am currently reading a book by Carolyn Mahaney entitled Feminine Appeal: Seven Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother and it is really good!!  Here is a quote which I thought was spot on:

"Can you conceive of anything that sets forth the beauty of the gospel jewel more brilliantly than the godly behavior of those who have received it? Consider the loveliness of a woman who passionately adores her husband, who tenderly cherishes her children, who creates a warm and peaceful home, who exemplifies purity, self-control, and kindness in her character and who gladly submits to her husband’s leadership—for all the days God grants her life. I dare say there are few things that display the gospel jewel with greater elegance. This is true feminine appeal."

I highly recommend this book for every Christian woman both young and old!  I have so much to learn and am so thankful for our heavenly Father's patience and the way He is daily pruning and sanctifying me.  
-Sandi