I just realized that I haven't posted a recipe in a really long time. Here is a super easy recipe I came up with a couple years ago and Chad loves them! It takes me less than 10 minutes to make up a whole tray. I hope this recipe can be a blessing to your family!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Ingredients:
About a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
All-natural peanut butter (we like Jif the best because you don't have to stir or refrigerate)
Whey Protein Powder (or whatever kind you have on hand)
Honey Graham Crackers broken into squares
Directions:
1. Arrange graham cracker squares onto a cookie sheet.
2. Melt chocolate chips in a medium sized sauce pan on low heat, stirring often, until smooth.
3. Remove from heat. Then add in a large scoop of peanut butter and 2 or 3 scoops of the protein powder. Stir.
4. Let the mixture cool for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then spoon a heaping teaspoon full of the mixture onto each graham cracker square.
5. Put entire tray in the refrigerator until protein mixture firms up. I put 2 of these squares in snack size zip lock baggies and store in refrigerator.
Chad takes these to work with him to snack on in-between meals and he really, really likes them. They are so easy! Play with the recipe and let me know how yours turn out if you try!
-Sandi