With the heat, we have been indoors A LOT lately and oh how we long for the cooler Fall weather. We are definitely a more "outdoors" type of family. In the meantime, we are trying our best to make the most of it : ) I've been sewing a lot lately. We've also been converting old home movies into DVD's. It has been fun to watch moments of our lives and reminisce. We also realized how fast our children grow up. What blessings they are.
One fun sewing project was an idea we borrowed from close friends: an activity apron! With this apron, I can interact with our littles in a fun way. They each get to choose a pocket and I pull out what is inside and give it to the chooser. While he or she holds it, we all sing a song or rhyme related to the object (e.g., pulling out a Bible and singing through the books of the Bible). Anna wears it too and she might even like it more than the littles. :) This is actually very helpful as I usually let Anna do it during my busy time between 4 and 5pm while I am making dinner.
| Bubbles, creation, donuts, and bees...which to choose? |
| Anna with the littles (and bigs) while Mommy makes dinner : ) |
| Sometimes we all get outdoors but there must be cold water involved : ) |
| Having a cold refreshing coconut drink while shopping with Mommy |
I must share another recipe that my children LOVE...peanut butter play-dough. They can eat it! You mix peanut butter with just enough honey to sweeten it...stir with a wooden spoon and then add enough powdered milk until it's not sticky and the consistency of regular play-dough. To make it even easier you can buy the peanut butter that already has honey mixed in! I also personally like the finer grain powdered milk if I can find it. Mix with a spoon until too difficult to stir and then knead until smooth. My children especially like to shape peanut butter cookies and then add semi-sweet chocolate chips to the top. This is actually a very low sugar snack for them if there isn't too much honey. Peanut butter and powdered milk have nutritional value which is ok as well. We are always looking for great indoor activity ideas. Please share your favorites with us...we'd love to hear them!
| One of Anna's favorite indoor activities |
| Sophia getting creative |
Wow, check out this article:
http://news.yahoo.com/50-states-see-record-highs-july-173203227.html
Hope you're all finding ways to stay cool out there! : )
http://news.yahoo.com/50-states-see-record-highs-july-173203227.html
Hope you're all finding ways to stay cool out there! : )
-Sandi