Tuesday, November 1, 2011

1 week Postpartum


Wow, a whole week has already gone by since Adelyn was born!  It has gone by very quickly.  Recovery is no fun due to all the aches and pains but I'm not complaining because I know this time goes by so fast and I am just thankful for a great birth experience and that Adelyn and I are healthy.  What brings me the most joy during this time is to see my family step up and keep the house running while I'm recovering.  Chad amazes me with all he can accomplish around the house, taking care of our other 5 children and taking great care of me too.  He and our older 3 girls lovingly bring me 3 meals a day, keep the house clean, are still doing homeschooling lessons, and they check on me often to see if I need anything.  Our church has been so wonderful too by bringing us meals, calling to check on us and offering to watch our older children when Chad has to go back to work.  We are so blessed.  All glory to God for taking care of us in so many ways. 
A meal my older daughters made and brought to me for lunch
I have so much to be thankful for : )

Getting plenty of rest and bonding with sweet Adelyn