Two years ago was such a special time in our lives. Link here. We were in Russia and got to finally take our son out of the orphanage and back to the room we were renting from a local church. It was the first time we were able to feed him and care for him as our son. He was able to meet Emma for the first time and loved her right away. He smiled at us for the first time and we were able to learn more about his personality. That he was a curious explorer who loved to chase birds and go on LONG walks. That he loved yogurt and that he sucked his thumb when he was tired. Everything was new for him and for us.
Now, 2 years later, wow, how can I put into words our love for Christopher? The past 2 years have flown by! He is a Tossell through and through. He was perfectly designed by God for our family. It sounds so cliche' but we truthfully could not fathom our lives without him! I praise the Lord for making him and our daughters and placing them all in our family. He is growing up! Lately he has been telling me that he wants to be a firefighter. He says he wants his dad to drive with him in the fire truck :). How can I describe Christopher? He is sensitive, gentle, loving, thankful, playful, all boy, responsible, sweet...I could go on and on. He is not perfect and still needs a lot of guidance and training but to me he is the best son a mother could ask for :). Lately, he has been working on writing his name, sitting still in church, helping clear the table and clean his room, get his own shoes on, and helping daddy stack firewood. He is a very sweet boy and I often try to get him to sit still long enough to snuggle with me on the couch. He is growing so fast and talking so well, even developing a great sense of humor that I just long to hold him to sort of make time stand still long enough for me to enjoy him while he's still little. I can't bear to think of him growing up out of this stage where he is so little and cute. We are trying to enjoy all of these precious moments with all of our children. We are so blessed! Here are a few recent pictures below. I am having a hard time putting captions on the pictures but I can write the description here:
1. Chad letting Christopher hit a few balls at the (slow) batting cages.
2. Having fund at the local dairy.
3. Helping Mommy make brownies and getting to lick the spoon afterwards :)
4. Getting fitted for his tux...he's going to be the ring bearer in his uncle's wedding next month!
5. On his daddy's shoulders at a museum we visited recently.
6. Matching outfits a dear friend of mine made from our last church. They came out to visit us and brought us these precious handmade clothes.
Now, 2 years later, wow, how can I put into words our love for Christopher? The past 2 years have flown by! He is a Tossell through and through. He was perfectly designed by God for our family. It sounds so cliche' but we truthfully could not fathom our lives without him! I praise the Lord for making him and our daughters and placing them all in our family. He is growing up! Lately he has been telling me that he wants to be a firefighter. He says he wants his dad to drive with him in the fire truck :). How can I describe Christopher? He is sensitive, gentle, loving, thankful, playful, all boy, responsible, sweet...I could go on and on. He is not perfect and still needs a lot of guidance and training but to me he is the best son a mother could ask for :). Lately, he has been working on writing his name, sitting still in church, helping clear the table and clean his room, get his own shoes on, and helping daddy stack firewood. He is a very sweet boy and I often try to get him to sit still long enough to snuggle with me on the couch. He is growing so fast and talking so well, even developing a great sense of humor that I just long to hold him to sort of make time stand still long enough for me to enjoy him while he's still little. I can't bear to think of him growing up out of this stage where he is so little and cute. We are trying to enjoy all of these precious moments with all of our children. We are so blessed! Here are a few recent pictures below. I am having a hard time putting captions on the pictures but I can write the description here:
1. Chad letting Christopher hit a few balls at the (slow) batting cages.
2. Having fund at the local dairy.
3. Helping Mommy make brownies and getting to lick the spoon afterwards :)
4. Getting fitted for his tux...he's going to be the ring bearer in his uncle's wedding next month!
5. On his daddy's shoulders at a museum we visited recently.
6. Matching outfits a dear friend of mine made from our last church. They came out to visit us and brought us these precious handmade clothes.





