The other day I was out shopping for collage frames to display pictures in our daughters' room. I just could not bring myself to pay more than $50 for this purpose. Plus, I couldn't find a collage frame to hold as many pics. as I wanted to put up!
As an alternative, here is what I came up with: I bought a roll of satin ribbon, a box of wooden tacks and medium-sized clothes pins (all found at Wal-mart).
I simply pinned up my ribbon in rows, singeing the ends to prevent unraveling. I laminated the pictures, though this step was not necessary, I did it because I happened to have a laminator on hand I had borrowed from a friend. I then put up the pics. with clothespins. It was that easy! If I needed to, I could have spray-painted the tacks and clothes pins but because the color of their beds is a natural wood color, I didn't need to.
This could work for any girls' room in any color scheme! I've also used this idea to display artwork in our homeschool room. I have a friend who hangs up her cloth diapers over her changing table this way as well...adorable. I'm sure the possibilities are endless!
I was able to display over 30 pictures for around $6, which adds up to great savings!
Hope you have a wonderful day and find ways to display great memories frugally in your home.
~Sandi
