Sunday, July 18, 2010

Reflecting

We've been home from Russia for 9 days now and I am amazed at how well everything has gone! Everyone keeps asking us how we're adjusting and I honestly can say that Christopher is doing great in our home and we all love him so much. It feels so natural that he's here with us and he is thriving. Praise God! I was so nervous before wondering what this time would be like: Would he sleep through the night? Would he bond with us?....Would he be healthy? God has shown me that I don't have to worry about the future....all glory goes to Him for taking care of every detail. Now, is life easy? Of course not! There is a lot of work involved in raising/training 5 children, keeping up a house and homeschooling but it's all work that is rewarding and brings Chad and I joy at the end of the day...I wouldn't rather be doing anything else as a woman than taking care of and loving my family.
I do want to say though that it's also been a huge help having Chad home this summer....he is such an amazing husband and father! Anna and Libby help out a lot around the house too and they are such sweet girls...they never complain when I ask them to put away dishes or fold clothes (they may take a little longer getting the job done as they giggle and have fun while working but the job always gets done). Sophia keeps reminding me that she isn't one of the "littles ones" and that she is a big girl too and can do all the things Anna and Libby can do : )
Emma is 8 months old now and starting to crawl and feed herself yogurt melts (Gerber snacks) and Cheerios. She's even sleeping through the night now...so glad we're done traveling so she can be on a regular schedule again. Oh and she just started clapping her hands...it's so cute! She brings so much joy to our family!
I could write so much more....another time : )