I didn't start this blog until right before we went on our 3rd trip to Russia to bring Christopher home. I did post pictures of our 2nd trip but not of our first trip when we met him for the first time. It already seems like so long ago. This was in April of the current year. It was right after the Tori Hansen adoption shocker in the news and all flights to Europe were grounded (including our flight) because of the volcano in Iceland...praise God for allowing us to bring Christopher home even through all of the obstacles! Here they are...we treasure these memories!
First time holding my son!
He cried with us at first...
Starting to feel loved..
After a nice walk outside the orphanage he fell asleep in my arms and I think we gave him a thousand kisses!
Oh, how good it felt to hold him after looking at his pictures for 2 months!
No longer fatherless!
The beginning of a wonderful life together.
Here's pictures of the 2nd day we went to visit him, 2 days later:
We learned he likes to be sung to...
Got lots of snuggles!
He fell asleep in my arms again!
This is the blanket I made for him; our
friends embroidered his name into it.
The beginning of a wonderful relationship!